Sunday, October 10, 2010

Cooking up Aprons!

An Apron for me and for you.
Here is what we are going to be making, this cute and stylish apron.
I have all sizes to pick from.

Here is all what you need:
Fabric:
~Your fabric should be 100% Cotton or a Cotton blend.
~You need 2 contrasting colors of fabric.
~DONT FORGET!! Prewash your fabric!

For the Apron~
Size Small (10-12)~ 45" or 60" you need 1 and 1/4 or 1/2 yard of fabric.

Size Medium (14-16)~ 45" you need 1 1/4 yards of fabric. (plus a little more)
60" you need 1 yard of fabric. (plus a little more)

Size Large (18-20)~ 45" you need 1 3/8 yards of fabric. (plus a little more)
60" you need 1 yard of fabric. (plus a little more)

For the Contrast pocket and neck band~
you need 1/2 yard of 45" or 60" of fabric.

Notions~
Thread
Two packages of 1/4" wide double fold bias tape
One package of medium Rickrack


Supplies are:
Sewing machines
Thread
Scissors
Seam ripper ( just in case)
Measuring tape
Fabric
Strait Pins
Iron
Ironing board

Ok, so now you know what to get and bring. "I will be providing your pattern so that you can learn to cut it out with help." Its not hard and will go very fast. This Apron is too cute for words and will be a BIG hit when you wear it or give it away as a gift.
I enjoy working with you and helping you all learn.

*Also, if you noticed in my picture of the Apron, there is two aprons. One for mom and daughter . If you are interested in doing "both"......Please let me know before our class this wednesday. And I will get you what you need for the "daughter apron". Ok!

*Please let me know if you are confused in any way, I will be happy to explain it to you and help you out. See you all at this weeks class.
~Like "Briana" said let us know what class you will be attending.
Thank you!
~Heather and Briana

6 comments:

Marcie said...

love it - I will be making this. I would like to have both patterns. But will make adult on Wed.

Briana @ Sweet Dreams are Made of These said...

Amy K and our neighbor Julie will be making the aprons. Amy wants to try the child size if you wouldn't mind emailing her the fabric requirements. Thanks Heather!
Briana

Briana @ Sweet Dreams are Made of These said...

Rhonda S will also be doing this class. Looks like you guys will need the kitchen space this time; quite fitting don't you think ;-)

Briana @ Sweet Dreams are Made of These said...

Michelle, what a nice mom you are! I heard your girls did amazing at their class.
Briana

stina said...

I'm planning to do this one!
Kristina

The Dwelley's said...

Aileen and I are doing this one.